Friday, August 25, 2006

YAY Ora's story!

Benji began walking up the stairs of Donyelle’s apartment complex when he heard a familiar song echo through the stairwell.

So tell me have you ever really,
Really, really ever loved a woman?

This time around he welcomed the song playing as his ringtone for in his heart he knew exactly who was calling. He looked at the caller ID on his cell phone and saw 8 little letters that made his heart well up and burst from excitement.

Donyelle.

Benji was ecstatic to hear Donyelle’s voice over the phone, but he decided that he would play around with Donyelle as step by step he got closer to her door.

“Donyelle… I’m kind of stuck in traffic. I prolly won’t get there for another hour or so…” Benji said as he tried to keep himself from laughing and ruining the joke.

Benji could almost see the disappointment in her face through the phone. He felt horrible for making her upset but he knew that in a matter of seconds she would get a welcome surprise. Benji covered his hand over his cell phone as he knocked on Donyelle’s door in hopes that she wouldn’t hear him knocking over the phone. As he heard someone begin to unlock he put his cell phone back on his ear and as the door opened he saw Donyelle, smiled and said, “I guess you will.”

In that moment Donyelle looked absolutely breathtaking. Half of her braids were up and the other half were left dangling, which revealed her eyes that with one glance could stop a bullet dead in its tracks. She was wearing a red and black shirt that “accented her attributes well”, to say the least. Benji tried to stop himself from looking down her shirt in order to not raise suspicion and to try to remain decently composed around her. Before he was able to lose all of his self-control once seeing Donyelle’s jeans, Donyelle dropped her cell phone and jumped into his arms hugging him for what seemed like an eternity. Benji hoped that this moment would never end as he held the girl of his dreams lovingly in his arms. Soon, he became lost in the light aroma of vanilla that always accompanied Donyelle’s hugs, which he had grown to yearn for. Benji started to feel Donyelle release from the hug and he tried to hold onto her as long as he could, relishing in every second that he held her in his arms, wishing that this moment was the infinite reality, never ending. Slowly their embrace was replaced by a light intermingling of their fingers. Benji couldn’t help but blush, especially since during their hug he couldn’t help but notice how Donyelle’s jeans made her booty look much more voluptuous than usual. By that point, Benji was so beside himself that he didn’t stop to notice what Donyelle was wearing on her feet.

As they walked hand in hand to Benji’s SUV, Benji began to become confused about the whole situation.

“Donyelle is dating Tahir, but I’m the one holding her hand in my own, I’m the one she wanted to be with tonight, I’m the one that held her in my arms as long as I possibly could just to try to imagine what it would feel like to be the man she loved.” Benji thought to himself as they neared closer and closer to his car.

“I want to be the one that makes her feel loved, the one whose shoulder she would cry on in hard times, the one that makes her feel special, the one that would hold her close in the middle of the night when she feels cold and alone, the one that she’ll grow old with.”

Benji quietly sighed to himself. For all he knew, Donyelle didn’t feel the same way he felt about her. For all he knew, Tahir could’ve been busy tonight and he was a last resort. For all he knew, Donyelle had no idea about his true desires and would find the little surprise he bought for her that was in the front passenger seat of his car inappropriate and unnecessary. Only time would tell because before he knew it they were at his hybrid SUV. Being the gentleman that he is, Benji opened Donyelle’s door for her then continued to around the car to the driver’s seat, buckled his seat belt, and began to drive off into the sunset.

~

Donyelle was enthralled. She couldn’t be happier than she was at that moment as she walked down the stairs of her apartment complex with Benji in hand. Both of them walked in complete silence the whole way to Benji’s car. They didn’t need words. Donyelle could tell that Benji was as happy to see her as she was to see him. However, she began to notice a weird look creep across Benji’s face. She couldn’t pinpoint what it was but she didn’t like it very much. Donyelle figured that Benji was deep in thought about something really important and decided not to disturb him. Besides, she was going to be spending countless hours with him that night so there were plenty of opportunities for her to talk to him then. They finally reached Benji’s SUV and just as Donyelle was about to open the door Benji stepped in front of her with a “nuh uh” look on his face, unlocked the car and opened the door for her.

“He sure does know how to treat a woman right…” Donyelle thought to herself as she was about to climb into Benji’s SUV.

As she thought that she couldn’t help but flashback to their “Vietnamese Fighting Waltz” rehearsal. ”You better be my man… treat me right.”

“I guess he’s learned.” She thought as she giggled to herself.

Before she was about to sit down in the front passenger seat she saw an assortment of surprises just for her in the seat. Donyelle picked everything up off the seat, sat down, buckled her seat belt and began to rummage through her gifts with the excitement of a child on Christmas day. Among the things she had in her lap were a bouquet of white & red roses with their thorns still on them, a box of chocolate truffles, a small turquoise velvet box that looked suspiciously like a ring box and an envelope with Donyelle’s name on it. Suppressing her urge to look in the velvet box first, she opened the envelope and started reading it.

Dear Donyelle,
Before I came to pick you up, I saw these things in some stores in my area and I thought of you so I bought them. The white and red roses reminded me of how vibrant, beautiful and breathtaking you are but at the same time how you are edgy and can whip out your Vietnamese Fighting Waltz Choke Hold when you get in a tight spot. When I saw the chocolate truffles I remembered you talking about how you loved truffles more than regular chocolates because you end up picking all the caramel chocolates out the regular boxes and trashing the rest. Finally, I decided you needed a piece of jewelry that rivaled you in beauty that you can parade around everyday and when you look at it you can think of me, especially since after the tour who knows how often we’ll be able to see each other. If you are reading this, then most likely I’m in the seat right next to your’s in my SUV waiting for you to open the rest of your gifts so finish reading this card already and open the chocolates and the turquoise velvet box!

Your Partner (in Dancing and in Crime),
~bEnJi

Donyelle couldn’t help but beam a gleeful smile. This was without a doubt the nicest and most romantic thing anyone, her boyfriend included, had ever done for her. However, she stared at the turquoise velvet ring box wondering if this was Benji proposing to her.

“This is crazy. We aren’t even DATING?! Why would he propose to me? This would definitely be one for the record books. I can see it now “World’s Cutest Way to Propose: Benji Schwimmer to Donyelle Jones.” Hmm…” Donyelle thought to herself as she propped open the box of truffles and started ravenously devouring them.

Donyelle looked over at Benji who had apparently been staring at her the whole time she read the letter and gave her a look that egged her on to open the velvet box.

Donyelle thought pensively about the situation. “Do I love Tahir? Do I love Benji? Would I say yes if this were an engagement ring? Benji’s always talking about how he wants to have a wifey and a family of his own… would I become his family?

All the questions in her mind subsided. She suddenly realized that she knew the answer to the questions that were stirring in her mind. “Yes Benji, I do love you. I love being around you, I love thinking about you, I love talking to you, I love touching you, I love every part of you that hurts and I want to be with you, not Tahir and not Ben & Jerry... ok sometimes Ben & Jerry.”

Donyelle slowly began to open the turquoise velvet box and saw…


~*~

a cliffhanger like no other.


this is the 1st chapter that I've had to write what both of em were thinkin together in. it took a while.

I just realized that my unhealthy love for the show LOST has affected how I write this story... with 1 person POV and flashbacks XD



well as always comments & feedback & sucking up & presents are all appreciated and welcomed with arms wide open


(by the way... I also kinda realized that I've subconsciously added in events fron my life into this story like somethin that I dreamt about last night that will definately b in a later chapter of this story)

Much Love
-Ora

6 comments:

CandiceB said...

Yay Ora! You're doing great work. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Ora this is really great..like candiceb sed ...keep it cummin!! but quick! Me and suspense arent the best of friends lol huurrryy =D

Anonymous said...

Silas really like this story. She may even comment over on the board.... maybe....

Anonymous said...

yay! best benjelle story ever! this is like the only story that kept my attention for more than 5 seconds, lol. once i read the first couple sentences I was like..drawn in by the good writing, and storyline :D

Cant wait for the next chapter, and tisk tisk tisk for the cliffhanger!

haha

Anonymous said...

Nice one Ora!

Please write more soon. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

AHH ORA HURRY!!! I SAHLL DIE OF ... ANTICIPATIn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!