Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Moose In The Urban Dictionary...

As I've mentioned, I start school tomorrow (today, technically), so my posting here will be depressingly scarce. As a partially parting gift, I give you my favorite definition of 'Moose' in the Urban Dictionary : D.


moose

(n) An affectionate term to describe someone socially inept (or at least awkward). Moose tend to have specialized knowledge on some geeky topic, such as star wars, dnd, star trek, lord of the rings, etc. Drama and art majors tend to be moose. Acts of moosery are possible from anyone whether they are a moose generally or not, as long as they miss some conversational subtlety and fall on their face in an attempt to make a joke. Moose tend to have trouble getting dates, because moosery is not as celebrated in this society as it ought to be.
(origin) From the movie "Stay" with Ewan McGregor.

(adj) moose. can also be used as an adjective to describe someone who is a moose.


This Moose's geeky topic: BENJELLE! It's funny, 'cause I was just telling Pineapple Princess how we need to hold a Benjelle Convention (ever so much cooler than a Star Trek Convention...), at which we watch our favorite moments, swap far fetched theories, have carnival games such as 'dunk Tahir' (or Nigel : D), and, of course, have Benji and Donyelle there to sign things (and make out : D) for us!!!

~ Moose Who Should Be In Bed, As She Has To Get Up At 6:00, But Who Knows She Won't Be Able To Sleep Until At Least 3:00 ~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

School starts tomorrow/today, huh?

I live in CA and I start school on Thurs. Bleh. I miss summer vacation already. Frankly, I don't look forward to going back to PE and Spanish...

I'll keep going to Spanish though... Because Benji can speak Spanish. ;)

Moose said...

MizzGlib: Thanks! Actually, much of it does : D.

I'd like to believe tht the 'trouble with conversational ubtleties' part WERE, but, living in a highschool world, I'd tend to be far less ashamed to NOT get things...

I'm not a drama or art major (and probably won't be in college), but I'm a avery artsy person (I was in art studio for 7th and 8th grade, but stopped in 9th, 'cause I get far too concerned with making stuff perfect...), and would be in dance if I could be.

I don't often make jokes... But there' probably a reason for that : D. I am probably just about the most sarcastic person on the planet, though, so I like to think i'm at least marginally witty... Even if it's at the expense of all my friends (and enemies, of course)...

Now the dates this: That's fairly true! : D : D : D

Kyoko: Sadly... Yes. *sigh*

Pineapple Princess: Oh God I hope so!

~ Moose Who Should Be Getting Ready To Go To (*shudder*)... (whispers 'school') ~

Moose said...

*subtleties

Ugh, I'm so tired!!!

Moose said...

Shrimp, okay, I'm gonna comment again, 'cause I'm trying desperately to not fall asleep! (You know you're pathetically obsessed when you actually get up EARLIER THAN NECCESSARY on the first day of HELL, just to get your fix...)

Hm, what was I gonna say?

Oh yeah, random:

I have several other geeky obsessions that I have "special knowledge" of, too! (Such a dork!) Okay, so my previous obsession, Gilmore Girls (Okay, so I'm still obsessed, and quote and reference it in every day conversation, but this last season really ticked me off : ( .....), is what I know the most about... but I can probably answer any question you ask me about it (*guilty look*).

Also: 'Moulin Rouge!', which I watched every day, often up to four or five times a day, for about three months : D.

'Garden State' is my other major obsession movie-wise... And you know what? I'm as strange as Sam (Natalie Portman's character is!

Another favorite of mine is 'Anne of Avonlea'. Seriously, who has a favorite movie more dorky than that??! Anytime I watch it, I only watch the Anne/Gilbert (The watching of any movie in which a main character - who is not a goat - is named Gilbert automatically makes said watcher a geek) parts, so I watch the first 45 minutes of tape one (Yes, the movie's old enough that we have it on VHS! 'Shrimp', I'm 15, with the largest DVD collection you'll probably ever see, so this is a wonder to me : D), and the last 15 minutes of the last one. And I watch the last 5 or so minutes (A.K.A. the kiss - *winkwinknudgenudge*) over, and over, and over, and over (times a bajillion) again!

'Save The Last Dance' is on the same level as the above (though kind of less geeky, in my opinion...).

Other movies I am, or have in the past been obsessed with (meaning I could probably recite all listed above and here): Labyrinth, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ever After, Hook, The Princess Bride (can't recite THAT much of this one...), and, of course, others that I can't think of, 'cause I'm damn tired! Well, obviously Disney movies! We have every GOOD Disney movie ever made!!

If anyone else here is as dorky as I am: stand up and be counted, people!

~ Moose, The Self-Proclaimed, Though Probably Also Proclaimed By Others, Dork ~

Dr Chocolate said...

OMG moose i love everyone of those shows you listed. i do think we kinda like trekkies which is kinda sad but funny at the same time. the moose description is not a bad thing it just means u r dedicated to what u do, which is benjelle stuff and i am very grateful for that. by the way can u send me the link for the full episodes if havent done so already i cant find them anywhere.