Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Many Songs of Benjelle...

Taylor: Feel free to edit this post to add on any songs you can think of.

I'm too lazy (and don't have enough pictures) to make another Benjelle montage (at least for now), but there are so many good songs for them out there, so I thought I'd list some here. You may end up using them to make montages, or you may just listen to them and contemplate Benjelle dreamily... Either way, please let me know what you think : D.

Already used in montages on here:

• 'Be Without You' (I think) by (You'll have to ask Taylor - 'shrimp')
• 'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)' by Green Day (Who I usually hate, but I like this song)
• 'When You Say Nothing At All' by Ronan Keating (You may know this song from the movie 'Notting Hill')

Not yet used:

• 'Reflecting Light' by Sam Phillips
• 'If I Fell' by The Beatles (I'm sorta a Beatles fanatic... So expect to see a ton of their songs here : D)
• 'I'm Happy Just To Dance With You' by The Beatles (You'd think this would be a REALLY obvious one, but it talks about not needing to hold her tight, etc., so it actually doesn't fit them THAT well...)
• 'And I Love Her' by The Beatles
• 'Can't Buy Me Love' by..... The Beatles
• 'My Girl' as rerecorded by B2K, Featuring Marques Houston
• 'You Really Got Me' by The Kinks
• 'That's How Strong My Love Is' by Otis Redding
• 'Words of Love' by, yes, that's right... The Beatles
• 'Ain't No Sunshine' (While epressing, I'm sure it's true) by Bill Withers
• 'Changes' (Hm... Doesn't fit THAT well... But a great song : D) by David Bowie
• 'I Put A Spell On You' by Creedence Clearwater Revival
• 'Wear Your Love Like Heaven' by Donovan
• 'Colours' by Donovan
• 'Your Song' by Elton John (Or Ewan McGreggor, if you've seen 'Moulin Rouge!' - I LOVE THAT MOVIE)
• 'Elephant Love Medley' (I tried to make a montage to this song, but it wouldn't let me edit the video clips quite right... I found a few things that go REALLY well with parts of the music, though... Oh well...) by Ewan McGreggor and Nicole Kidman (In 'Moulin Rouge!')
• 'Come What May' by (Whoever did it originally... AND...) Ewan McGreggor and Nicole Kidman (STILL in 'Moulin Rouge!')
• 'Something to Talk About' by (I believe) Badly Drawn Boy (It's a song in 'About a Boy')
• 'Love Will Come Through' (I LOVE that song!!!) by Travis (Awwwwww... Like Bunny!!!)
• 'Can't Stand Losing You' (Which hopefully doesn't have to fit them...) by The Police (Yeah, yeah... I'm primarily an oldies gal... I like some new bands, such as The Shins, but not many of their songs are all too romantic...)
• 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' by The Police
• 'The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)' by Betty Everett (?)
• 'Fair' by Remy Zero (On the 'Garden State' - which is one of my two OBSESSIONS, movie wise... The other being 'Moulin Rouge!' - soundtrack)
• 'Something in the Way She Moves' by James Taylor
• 'You've Got A Friend' by James Taylor/Carole King (I believe they wrote it together, but there are two versions, one with each person singing)
• 'Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight' by James Taylor
• 'How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)' by James Taylor
• 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane (You may know this song from all the previews for the movie 'The Lake House')
• 'Real Love' by John Lennon (Sans the other three Beatles)
• 'In My Life' by The Beatles
• 'Stand by Me' by John Lennon
• '(Just Like) Starting Over' by John Lennon and The Plastic Ono Band
• 'You and Me' by Lifehouse
• 'Take Me As I Am' by Wyclef Jean
• 'Wherever You Will Go' by The Calling
• 'Both Sides Now' by Joni Mitchell
• 'Too Lost in You' by Sugababes (Yes, the last three songs were from the soundtrack to 'Love Actually')
• 'What The World Needs Now' by about a bajillion different people, since EVERYONE sings that song : D
• 'Dirty Little Secret' by The All-American Rejects
• 'I Found Love' (The cornyest and most incredibly hillarious song EVER) by The Free Design
• 'Oh My Love' by John Lennon
• 'Where You Lead" by Carole King/'Where You Lead I Will Follow' by Carole King and Louise Goffin (The second version is the song used in the opening to the TV show 'Gilmore Girls')
• 'Smile' by Grant-Lee Phillips
• 'I Could Have Danced All Night' by Julie Andrews (Audrey Hepburn acted in 'My Fair Lady', but Julie Andrews did the singing) and Rex Harrison
• 'She' by Elvis Costello (You may also know this song from the movie 'Notting Hill')
• 'I Saw Her Standing There' by The Beatles
• 'Ask Me Why' by The Beatles
• 'Please, Please Me' by The Beatles
• 'Love Me Do' by The Beatles
• 'P.S. I Love You' by The Beatles
• 'Baby, It's You' by The Beatles
• 'Do You Want to Know a Secret' ...by The Beatles
• 'A Taste of Honey' by The Beatles
• 'There's a Place' by The Beatles
• 'Twist and Shout' by The Beatles (Yes, I did just list off all but four songs from the album 'Please, Please Me')
• 'Got to Get You Into My Life' by The Beatles (I used this song on a montage I made of a ton of my friends and me)
• 'If I Needed Someone' by The Beatles
• 'Getting Better' by The Beatles
• 'Kiss Me' (Haha... A truly straightforward song...) by Sixpence None the Richer
• 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel
• 'The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight' by R.E.M.
• 'Send Your Love' by Sting
• 'Whenever I Say Your Name' by Sting
• 'Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing)' (A truly random song, but I love it so you should all go listen!!! Not that i epect anyone to read this far...)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! (Wake up, sleepy heads, and keep reading!!! Yes, I quoted 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl'... Aaaaaaanyway...)
• 'Sacred Love' by Sting
• 'Girlfriend is Better' (Also a fairly random song to choose) by The Talking Heads
• 'If I Ever Lose My Faith In You' by Sting
• 'Love Is Stronger Than Justice (The Munificent Seven)' by Sting
• 'Fields Of Gold' by Sting
• 'Heavy Cloud No Rain' (Kinda goes with the whole Mormon 'CTB' thing) by Sting
• 'It's Probably Me' by Sting (These last five songs are from the album 'Ten Summoner's Tales'... Which you shoul listen to, 'cause it's amazing : D)
• 'Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da' (SHRIMP!!!) by The Beatles
• 'From Me to You' by The Beatles
• 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' by The Beatles
• 'Eight Days a Week' by The Beatles
• 'All You Need Is Love' by The Beatles
• 'Something' by The Beatles
• 'The Long and Winding Road' by The Beatles
• 'You Can't Hurry Love' (Not entirely sure whether this fits them, or goes against them... Oh well) by Diana Ross (?)
• 'Rock Lobster' (Random song that makes me happy : D) by The B-52's
• 'Baby Can I Hold You' by Tracy Chapman
• 'For My Lover' by Tracy Chapman
• 'Handle With Care' by The Traveling Wilburies (That's how they spell it)
• 'Tears in Heaven' (A TRULY depressing song that he wrote after his two-year-old son fell out the window of a moving train...) by Eric Clapton
• 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd
• 'Til There Was You' by The Beatles (And a ton of other people who sing it, too)
• 'You Really Got A Hold On Me' by The Beatles
• 'I Wanna Be Your Man' by The Beatles
• 'Everybody's Trying to be My Baby' by The Beatles
• 'Anyone at All' by Carole King
• 'You Made Me Love You' by Jimmy Durante
• 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' by Diana Ross (?)
• 'I'm Still Here' by The Goo Goo Dolls
• 'If We Hold On Together' by Diana Ross (Shrimp - A song from the soundtrack to the first 'Land Before Time' - as opposed to the 20,000,000 sequals that followed it)
• 'Question' by Old 97's
• 'Lean On Me' by Bill Withers
• 'Landslide' (Another random choice of song... Perhaps it works about Benji and his old girlfriend...?? Hm... Depressing) by Fleetwood Mac

Sugested in comments by Erica (Thanks for your contribution : D):

• 'Baby I'm Back' by Baby Bash
• 'In the Still of The Nite (I'll Remember)' by Boys 2 Men


Okay, this is an insanely long post, so I'll cut it off there. There are obviously, like, a million or more other love songs that could work. This doesn't even represent my full music taste, since there are so many non-romantic bands I love... Yup, so tata. I will hopefully have downloadable versions of my videos up soon, but feel free to (*hint hint*) comment on the montage I just put up, in the mean time : D.

~ Moose the Audiophile ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could use that song called "Baby Im Back" by Baby Bash.

Anonymous said...

oops, and also that song by Boys 2 Men, called.. uh..In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)

Anonymous said...

I cant believe u forgot that savage garden song.
i dont remember the title but it went "I wanna stand with u on a mountaim....." oh and "i knew i loved u before i meant u":