Friday, July 28, 2006

BENJI'S NOT RACIST!!!

Anonymous (Who I'm fairly certain is a completely different person from the one here, so don't get mad at her!!! : D) over at Vixen's blog started a bit of a discussion about the possibility of a Benji and Donyelle romance. Basically, she thought it was entirely improbable. I have nothing hugely against her, so I'm not trying to bad-mouth her here (I'm not saying SHE'S racist... But I don't like that comment), or anything, but it got some people talking, and the issue of race came up. I'm too lazy to copy all the comments, but I'll show you that relevant comment, and my response to the whole discussion. I'm just posting this because I'm curious: Does anyone here agree with what she said...??

Anonymous said...
I have to wonder with the Mormon church's past stance on people of color why anyone would think they are anything more than friends. I don't know any black mormons that's for sure. I bet his family would totally not support that sort of relationship, so I am sure they are only friends.

5:21 PM


Moose said...
I intend to only comment on this once, as I certainly don't want to start an argument, and we're all entitled to our own opinions:

Well, any who have seen our blog know how I stand on the Benjelle-front. I could list off a whoooooole lot of the little things that have led us all to adore them, but I'm too darn lazy, hehe. Basically, I'd just like to point out how they act with other partners. Yes, Benji was equally touchy-feely with Heidi, but, not only are they cousins, but have spent their entire lives together. If you look at Benji with Natalie, or Donyelle with Dmitry, you'll see the differences when facing judges, as well as in the intro videos.

As for Benji's personality: Sure, they want America to like them, but these people are dancers, not actors (except for a precious few of them). When they're not dancing on stage, they're probably just being themselves.

Finally, I simply have to address the race issue, as that's what prompted me to respond, in the first place: I'm sorry, but I have to SEVERELY disagree. I'm not Mormon, or religious, at all, so I certainly don't agree with everything in their faith, but I seriously doubt that Donyelle's race is an issue. If I'm not mistaken, the Mormon faith was based on polygamy, and not many Mormons do that anymore, do they? As someone above pointed out: Donyelle even went out shopping with his family. Yes, this could only be as a friends thing (Sorry, but I don't find that all too likely..... All the other contestants were off elsewhere... INCLUDING Heidi - who you think would accompany the family, if anyone!!!), but it still shows an acceptance thing. Assuming that he's not taking on a completely different character for his fans (Not necessarily quite what you were suggesting, but the concept I got from one of the comments), Benji seems like just about the nicest guy in the world. Maybe it's just me, but I don't take him for a racist. That's sick.

Please don't take this as being too argumentative. I have very little, if anything, against the people who posted those comments, but I felt a need to post this. If you, for some reason, want to know more of my opinion on the subject, visit our blog, 'cause I don't want to start an argument here.

~ Moose ~

5:07 AM

~ Kinda Disgusted Moose ~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm DEFINITELY not the anonymous there! my name's Mindy so I'll start posting under that so there's no confusion

Anonymous said...

like now lol

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moose said...

To all anonymousi (plural of anonymous? 'shrimp'): Since that person was definitely not a Benjelle shipper, I figured nobody here was that same anonymous, and thought I should mention that. : D So sorry to Mindy, Chantelle, and any other former or current anounymousi ('shrimp'), should anyone fail to see my disclaimer at the top of that post.

I didnt doubt that there might be some history involving the church, which is why I also pointed out the thing about polygamy. A lot has changed, and I just found it slightly insane to be bringing up Donyelles race. 'shrimp'.

~ Moose ~

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»