Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Love You, Ray!!!

Ray said...
My second email to Tay, in case u read this before she does: (BTW yay for his message!)


Taylor! Here is more of an update.

So first, there was a video of Nigel saying that there were 5 more minutes left till show time. Then we saw some of the "interesting" auditions,then we counted down 5 4 3 2 1 seconds then the top 10 came onstage. Here are the dances (mostly in order):
1. Intro dance (all in white, really funky, showcased individual dances). Say where they are all from
2. TMB (i already told u about this one)
3. Heidi Solo (Sorry, I said before it was Ivan's solo, but I mis-read my own handwriting)
4. D/B introduced the argentine tango ( D ran her hands up him as I described earlier)
5. Alli/Ivan argentine Tango. HOT, red costumes. (almost all the costumes were different from on the show)
6. Ryan solo (contemporary). Good, but I was surprised how much his standing foot was wobbling in his penche
7. Ivan announces the next dance:
8. The pop dance (magician and doll) except with Dmitry and Martha. I still didn't like it.Although this time, since I remembered the judges' comments, I looked to see if she stayed like a doll the whole time, and I think she did a better job.
9. Alli solo=techno/modern jazz. REALLY good!!
10. Martha introduces next dance
11. cha cha with heidi and ryan (sex bomb)
12. Ivan hip hop solo. I usually am not a huge fan, but it was much better this time. Cool sneakers
13. Alli intros next dance
14. Travis's choreographed contemp. dance with Natalie. Lots of tricks, interesting but not earth-shattering, very little chemistry
15. Martha contemporary solo, yellow dress.
16. Benji intros next dance--talks about disappointment about never pulling WCS out of hat.
17. Heidi and Benji WCS (same as Vegas i believe?). This was very fun to watch because they did awesome tricks.
18. SYTYCD around the world video that was on the show already
19. Benji's intro to VFW--glitter ball, I already talked about this part but he said that they have a "weird connection" that is magical and romantic like a glitter ball, the VFW is the most romantic of all they did, and that D is special, magical, and romantic. He really doesn;t know what their relationship is. During the dance, D kept eye contact with Benji wayy longer than necessary at a certain point, but the rest was like it was on the show (diff. costumes)
20. Dmitry/Nat Magdalena dance
21. Benji intro. I dont remember why, but he faked taking off his shirt like Dmitry and he did a parody of Mary Murphy's scream with her hand.He intro'd the paso doble really well because he pronounced the spanish (paso doble and matador) really well! It was hot!
22. Treidi Paso Doble. Intense special effects!
23. Martha and Ivan hip hop to clap back (or is it krump?). After they danced together for awhile, the rest of dancers minus Tranji joined in and pretended to watch Martha and Ivan's hip hop battle. Boys were all wearing black, girls wore red.
24. TRANJI!!! They introduced themselves, saying they like how this dance helped them bring out their inner geeks (Me thinking: Doesn't Benji have an outer geek? lol). They did it, it was awesome, nothing new from the show.
25. Then i think it was Benji and Trav who began to intro a Fosse tribute/broadway, they explained the ingredients of a broadway show. then alli and ryan performed blackbird, except the rest of dancers except tranji were dancing in the background. same costumes as on show. Let me say that when Tranji was talking, Travis spoke really quickly, but Benji sounded like he had a lot of public speaking experience.
26. Ivan announces next broadway dance, which is martha and travis (steam heat). I had forgotten how hot this dance is! Travis is amazing in this and performs it really well.
27. Alli announces the next broadway, which is the cell block tango. I liked it as much as the first time, and Benji and Donyelle were paired together during the partnering sections (just think how much rehearsal time they must have had together to do all these dances!)
28. While the dancers changed, we watched a behind the scenes of SYTYCD video that Im pretty sure was shown on the show. We saw how nerve-wracking Thursdays are, how they all go out to eat after results, and their tradition of the "shake off" before going onstage. They also showed the B/D pasta kiss at the restaurant, and how the dancers are more likely to use free time to go to the pool than talk to their mothers.
29. SEXY BACK music comes on (my friend and I died at this point)! But Travis isn't walking out!! Oh no! BUt it's ok, because the rest (not top 4) come out in model-type outfits and do a dance that is very similar to the original. Then, TRAVIS COMES OUT! SCREAMS! haha then the rest and they do the dance how it was originally while the other dancers are offstage. Then at some point in the dance justin timberlake screams or emits a weird noise in the song, and the 4 made that noise too. Anyway, then the rest of the dancers come back on, then the song turns to like a sexyback remix and there's this girls vs. boys feel to the rest. Then at the end, Benji takes the mike and does a zoolander impression (first faces, then talks like zoolander to announce that they are taking an intermission, theyll be back soon, and we'll see Ramalama!) I scream again, which is why i can barely speak today. J'adore ramalama.
------INTERMISSION---- My friend and I discuss how if we see a bench come onstage, we'll cry. haha

30. RAMALAMA! They used a modified platform with steps for the guys to come down on, and they didnt have the crazy face makeup (b/c of quick changes I assume), but they had the crazy hair. My friend had the binoculars during this so I don't have much to say, except YAY. Oh and Heidi and Travis go offstage earlier than the rest. (I tell my friend this is a very good sign)
31. Ryan and Martha introduce some video, I forget (sorry, I just wrote "video"). Long video for them to get changed, and then.....we see the bench (while video is still playing)!!!! Screams, cries all around. Treidi introduce themselves while on the bench and they are smiling, then it is a really weird transformation for them to go right into the solemn dance. But still amazing, I find this dance so powerful and emotional.
32. Nat solo= jazz. Still wearing the knee support.
33. Donny introduces next dance. She says that she and B. danced so much together and had good time, but when it came time for him to pick his favorite dance, "he picked another girl!" she pretended to be upset, but said she guessed that it was ok because it WAS his cousin! haha i was glad to see she can laugh about it. So she introduces black mambo.
34. Heidi/Benji black mambo. I am a recent but crazed fan of this dance. And that BS about it being gross for cousins to dance like that with each other?? Whatever, it was just hot but not at all wrong.
35. Travis solo. The best part of this is when the song says "make love" and he acted out grinding against the floor. LOL
36. Martha intros next dance, saying how hip hop doesn't always have to be hard/fast. YAY, because we know what's coming! Suspicions confirmed when she says its a Shane Sparks routine.
37. Ivison umbrella routine! HOT, love it, at the end when there's a sillouhette (sorry spelling) on the umbrella and you can see their outlines, they were much closer than on the show and it looks like Ivan kissed her neck or leaned his head on her shoulder. At this point, my friend says "I want their babies"
38. Donny solo! She's in knee high socks that are kinda confusing, but it is jazz that turns into hip hop. She uses a chair and her necklace (looks like a fake pearl necklace) comes off at one point (again with the wardrobe/hair probs! lol)
39. Benji comes onstage, says give it up for Donyelle, smiles at her, she walks off. B introduces next dance...the Cuban Rumba! (I was hoping for Treidi afro pop butoh well)
40. Ryan Heidi cuban rumba, he beat her bongos. LOL crowd went crazy at that point but was quiet overall during this dance.
41. Dmitry solo (well, he starts with no shirt on, so there goes half of the anticipation lol) but he's wearing these weird pants that are huge so they look like a skirt. He does a solo for awhile, then Allison comes onstage and rips off the skirt part of his pants (scandalous.. lol) and give him a red cape. This is looking pretty paso doble-ish, but she leaves and he does tricks twirling around the cape.
42. While Dmitry is still onstage, Ivan comes on and does a fake interview with him. He asks D a question and D responds all in Spanish (I wonder if Dmitry and Benji speak spanish to each other...)FUnny funny, okay, not really.
43. Donny/Travis contemp. to Georgia (I read somewhere that she only did dances with Benji--not true). Only difference btw. tour and show is that she waits longer before pulling straw out of Travis's mouth (lol I watch too closely..)
44. Tribute video to bottom 10 of the top 20. Boring to me because there is a reason they're not on tour! Whoops, Jessica and Jamyz were there.
45. Travis and Alli do an introduction on the history of disco. THen group disco dance and yet again B/D were paired together. Then everyone else left the stage and it was just Treidi disco, then it was just Dmitalie disco. Oh and it really looked like Natalie was wearing Heidi's old costume from black mambo. Hmm.
46. Benji solo! He is dressed as a janitor (the old TMB shirt, the black tank we saw in pics, and his mary is my homegirl hat). He kisses (or pretends to) the broom he brought out, pretending it is a girl. Not as weird as im making it sound lol. The rest is his typical solo stuff. THis was when I really wished I were sitting closer b/c I love his facial expressions.
47. Heidi intros next dance, says she relates to Ivan because they both had probs with contemporary. Yay, we know what its gonna be!
48. Ivison--Why? Since there were no stairs onstage, they did the last pose on a differnt part of the stage
49. Travis intros next dance.
50. B/D Broadway!! So cute, so fun, and B kisses D's cheek at end. Then the rest come out and keep dancing to more of the song, performing similar choreography with B and D.
51. End! They re-introduce themselves and then the guy who put the tour together comes out and says yay youre the first audience, thanks for sitting through 2.5 hours of this (even though I would have sat through 891317 hours of it!)

As we're leaving the theater, Benji is changing in the wings (shirtless BEnji YAY) and he peeks his head back out, and I think so does Travis? Then they kick us out. So we go to look for where they'll come out. I see the tour buses!! Yay for my fanfic lol! There are two and they have cool monkey stickers on the back, but not very big stickers. THey are nice buses with TVs and cool lamps inside. Michael (friend) and I go to other side of street because it's less crowded. First Ivan comes out since it's his hometown and he videotapes us for Ellen (I hope I'm on there!) Signs a few autographs, disappears for awhile. Then was Jaymz, I got his autograph on the back of my set of directions to the paramount lol. Totally wasnt planning that, but what the heck. Then Travis comes out, but its really hard to get to him, so I turn around and Martha is RIGHT THERE! I got her autograph, asked her how she liked Seattle, she asked if i liked the show. Then I see Donyelle!! OMG! I got really close to her but right when we were gonna talk, the security guards (they were REALLY REALLY annoying) told us to get back because cars were coming lol. They should have closed the road. So then I decide to go for it and get Travis's autograph. I do, and it was easier because when people take pics with him they stand back, so I wiggled my way through. lol. Then we see Heidi YAY!! she is wearing cheeta print dress and carrying a lot of stuff! and the fans storm her even though she doesnt have any hands free. so i wait patiently but then she never really signs that many, she pretty much gets on the bus right away (after putting her luggage underneath the bus and bumping her head on the door). I see Alli later (she came out at the best time when there arent that many people left) and she signs my directions and shakes my hand. she's incredibly sweet and really pretty and her outfit was awesome, she called me sweetie (i know everyone does that, but i still care). Then Donny comes back! I don't care about safety, I just run across the street. She's so petite and gorgeous! OMG her eyes are amazing of course and like 10000 times more intense in person. A girl asks her for a handshake and she gives her a hug. I try that approach too and it works lol. Thanks, random fangirl! anyway, we get her autograph and my life is complete lol. And she called me sweetheart. So my friend and I go back to Travis b/c we're bored waiting for Benji. LOL kinda kidding, we also wanna talk to him. My friend tells him that he should have won and Travis was really gracious, saying that he was just honored to get that far. Some guy made a huge drawing/portrait of Travis, and Trav said that he usually doesnt keep fan gifts, but he will keep this one (who knows). Then awhile later, BENJI walks in front of the bus. Everyone is pretty much gone by then, so when I yell out "Benji!!", he hears me. He stopped at told me "I know, I'll be right back", b/c he had to put his stuff down. But when he finally came back, the security guards decided all of a sudden that it was time to go!! :( I didnt see him sign any autographs on my side of the street :( :( He told us all to contact him on myspace and mimed typing.

Oh and Natalie (red hair now) was signing autographs too on the other side of street. But I'll risk my life for Donny, but not Natalie. Oh speaking of new hair, Benji bleached the front center portion of his hair blonde-ish and spiked it all up. Maybe channeling Travis? but it looked good!


Oh, I forgot to say that whenever someone did a solo, Cat would introduce them on the screen (pre recorded) and then the "beautiful girl" or "end of the road" montage would play before they danced.

Well that is all for now, but I'm sure I will remember more, and when I do, I'll let you know somehow. All in all, the show was amazing, meeting them was amazing, and it made me sure that there is a potential future in Benjelle (even if not in the present)!!!

3:56 PM, September 13, 2006

I haven't actually read these yet, ut I'm sure they will serve to augment my already unbelievably happy state (read the post before this to find out why I'm so happy : D)

~ Happy Happy Happy Moose ~

Oh, and Schnitzel: The pictures still sad, since it looks like he's been crying, but a few of the commenters and I are choosing to interpret it in the way that fire turns blue as it gets hotter, rather than that the blue is water, or ice, or something.

As for the quote: I've actually been looking at the for a while. For the last week or so, it would quickly flash on the screen when I clicked on his MySpace before disappearing, so I clicked on it over and over again until I had read it all : D. I wanna know what he's referring to (like, an event)...

~ Still Outrageously Happy Moose ~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red/blue picture isn't actually a new picture. He had the black and white version up awhile ago. That one made him look like he was stoned. LOL

Moose said...

a) Thanks Ray, I loved it!

b) Aw, Schnitzel! You don't hafta mention me!! : D I am, of course, honored, though. I've been keeping my eye on these tickets on ebay, but I doubt my parents will let me buy them, and the show's on Sunday night, two hours away from where I live (So I'd be REALLY tired the next morning...). AND I'm working on Saturday and Sunday, so I'd have to leave right from there... *sigh* Who needs to do homework...?? I mean, seriously, procrastination is the key to life : D

~ Moose and Twin, all in one ~

Anonymous said...

something i learned in chemistry is that the HOTTEST part of the flame is the BLUE part, meaning, HE LOVES HER LIKE NO OTHER!! =D =D =D

Anonymous said...

can anybody who went to the concert give more detail on TOO MUCH BOOTY?

Anonymous said...

other random things i forgot (there will probably be a lot of these over the next week):
when travis was announcing something, ivan came up and put his arm on him. i thought immediately of the fanfic site lol. benji was wearing a trucker hat that said "fashion victim" after the show, and after they all did b-way, they all came back onstage and B was wearing his shiny blue glasses. donny after the show was wearing a beautiful yellow dress w/ flowers on it and these boots that resembled uggs (good for her toe i guess). and when B was announcing the VFW, he didn't give up on making fun of D's pronunciation of it. He reminded us that she said vietnamese, viennamese, and vietnese. oh and some of the dancers (Travis and B i think) were wearing sweatshirts that on the front had the SYTYCD logo and on the back said "i KNOW i can dance"!
more later when i remember them.