Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Group Fanfic

Hey everybody!

First of all, I'd like to extend an awefully warm 'welcome back' to our pal Taylor!!! Woohoo (Even though she stole my post AGAIN!!! Hehe, just kidding, I loooooooove you!!!)!!!!!!!!!

Now: I guess we kind of put the group fanfic project on hold, so, I was wondering, are we still going to do it? I believe the authors are (Correct me if you're on this list and aren't one, or aren't on it and are): Silas, Seosy, Schnitzel (Alliteration - Woohoo *such a dork*), Ora, Taylor, Thallie (Yay, more alliteration : D), Jonesy, Ray, Candice, and me. : D Am I missing anyone?

If you still want to do it, please submit ideas here that we can vote on, or combine, or something. If nobody has any concepts, I have a fic in mind that I could finish writing the first chapter for, but I don't want to give myself an advantage idea-wise just because I'm organizing it. Everyone gets a say (Those not writing can suggest what they'd like to read, aswell).

You can also email me at < m o o s e y 3 5 7 @ y a h o o . c o m > if this post gets buried.

UPDATE:

• First of all, I thought I should mention that, once we've come to a concensus over the general plotline, I intend to put up a post asking you to sign up for the order you want to go in, and I'll go by the order you comment in (though accomadations can be made, of course).

• "They're more like... guidlines than actual rules" (Yes, I just shamelessly quoted Geoffrey Rush in Pirates of the Caribbean : D)
1) Whoever post first (Which will be determined later... It will probably be just whomever's idea we use... Though we'll probably incorporate several... We'll get to that when the time comes : D) should list ALL of us in the 'author' section, and make a note before the chapter begins about how this is a collaboration from the authors of this blog.
2) Everyone should sign their name at the end of each post. While this is obviously a group effort, and we certainly don't want one author to get all the credit, it seems reasonable that praise for a certain section should go to the author of that section. I, for one, know that I rarely look at the name beside the posts that contain chapters, as I simply scroll down, and stop when I see a particularly long post. Yeah, that made sense in my head : D
3) I know I've already emphasized this tons, but, though I am the one organizing this at the moment, neither Taylor nor I shall be in any way counted above you guys, even though we run the blog. I'm sure you've noticed that 80-90% of what we post on here comes from you guys or other fans' sites - It's a group effort : D
4) With so many writers on board, we'll each have to wait quite some time for our turn, and will be readers of the fic during that time. For that reason, I don't think we should plan the entire plot out, but rather leave it to each reader to entertain the group. However, we may want to discuss any truly major plot twists (Such as, um, killing one of them off... I'm not so sure we'd all agree on that one... Hehe, I'm using this as an example because I don;t think ANY of us would want to do that!!!).
5) I don't think anyone would ask this (not that you'd need my permission), but: Yes, you may, of course, collaborate on chapters, if you so desire (The entire fic is a collaboration, obviously). If you do, you should sign both/all names at the end of the chapter, and those who are helping the one who's turn it is may have their turn skipped later (Simply because, with so many writers, we really need to give each a fair chance to get their work in).
6) Certain circumstances may lead to a rearranging of the order in which we post (either temporarily or permanently). As long as both authors directly involved consent, there's really no issue with that.
7) You darnwell better have fun.
8) Feel free to ignore Moose's rules : D (Though I think they're fairly reasonable)

~ Moose ~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEy I'm still in.

I'm may wanna go more towards the end though cuz I'm retarded and decided to write another story while writing Light Eyes, which took a majorly unexpected turn that I'm going to try and fix which may take a few chapters, but yeah. If that made any sense I'm glad, :D. But totally in with no plot idea's.

Killing someone off sounds fun though... Muhaha! Jk...

Anonymous said...

BTW, that's I, not I'm.

Like I said, I'm retarded. *rolls eyes* But Ok!

Anonymous said...

ummm i could go like... third i really don't wonna go first lol too much pressure and maybe we can start off w/ the week they split up and how he was feeling when she had to dance w/ Dmitry, just an idea. :D

Moose said...

Any plot ideas?

~ Moose ~

Taylor said...

Yeah, Im still in. But I am drainedof plot ideas. Wel it depends on the time. Lik during tour? After tour? Before tour? SYTYCD show?

-Taylor :P

Anonymous said...

hey,
let me know what gets decided about plot, etc. i'd like to just do one chapter?if thats ok, because im still busy unpacking from moving and lots of hw all of a sudden (my own fanfic is also getting neglected :( )
so yeah, i hope its ok if i just do 1 chapter.
can't wait!