Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Temple Kiss : D

Thanks to Kemi and Bighart : D

MizzGlib said...
Hey ya'll here's a post from Bighart on the Fox boards who went to the Detroit show last night. I don't know if you've already seen this, but just wanted to share, 'cause it made me squee!! People started posting a ton of questions, so I'll just post her replies. Look out for the TEMPLE KISS and D's reaction. SQUEELICIOUS!!! Hugzzzzzzzz and smooches!! Here it is:


"Probably what everybody else saw at the other venues, BUT, it was in D-Town, a.k.a. The Motor City, and the Masonic Temple was PACKED! I had main floor seats, aisle 3, row C O, which was approx 16 rows from the stage (EXCELLENT seats). I kept think, OMG, I can even see their sweat forming! That's a wierd thought, I know. And then, looking around the room at the sold-out crowd, I really was happy for all of the dancers that were to perform. As many of you may know, the field of dance is NOT a well-paying profession unless you're in like the top 5 percentile of the dancers....worldwide! It's competitive & there's just not a lot of money involved most times. HOWEVER, while sitting at the theater last night I was GLAD that we all did our parts in 1) giving those young people a "name" in dance, 2) helping Nigel to see the significance to having the tour & getting them PAID! Let's face it, I paid $68 for my ticket; multiply that my at least 4,404 seating capacity = THEY'RE MAKING MAD CASH right now.

Finally, this tour allows the dancers to know how much they've impacted lives...even if just for a moment! It was truly a wild ride this past summer!

OKAY...as for the show:

Fans were super-hyped...especially those cool but crazy Travis fans (they come in all shapes, ages, races, and sexual orientation...I witnessed that firsthand last night)! Hats off to ya!

But this is ALL about Donny for me!

To all of those that said that Donny looks completely different in person; you're are so correct! She's just a beautiful lil' body of explosives! She's hot, sincere, articulate, and very conscious of her audience. I was breaking my big ga'dunk trying to get over to the dancer during intermission (..got a friend who works security at the venue...it PAYS to know people!) Anyway, like me, there were about a couple of hundred other people who probably knows the same friend. I couldn't really get close to their "gathering" area. That's cool, though. I had a chance to see Donny, Benji, Nat, and Ryan from a not too bad distance.

They are all eye candy! Just as cute as can be.

And if my eyes aren't failing me, there was a little "temple kiss" giving by B to D. I know about her "relationship" and totally respect that, BUT, it's a lonnnnnnnnggggg tour, y'all. And the chemistry is STILL tangible! And THANK YOU for the person or people who provided the costumes for the show. DONYELLE LOOKED AMAZING for everything that she was part of! She & Benji did the Viennese (sp?) Waltz that we fell in love with them for, and she wore this BEAUTIFUL dark pink & black sleeveless dress with glimmer on it in all the right places. I sat sandwiched btw. some LOUD Travis fans, but when Benji introduced the number and then went stage right to get her from behind the curtains....wow! People all around me were like "Wow. Now she looks gorgeous in THAT!" Good job, Costume/Wardrobe!

Anyhow, although I was looking for more Benjelle stuff, I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be 2 other dancers from the top 20 that are on tour with them. Both females (I'll look at the SYTYCD home page to get the names correct), but they made an appearance during the group dances.

Finally, RYAN. *sigh*

I'll end with this; Ryan's an EXCELLENT dancer. I would have LOVED to see him do something with Donny. His expressions, lines, BODY, etc. were on point! Too bad he didn't seem to have the judges favor, because in as much as people like to emphasize and hype up what Travis & Allison brought to the table, Ryan could easily compete with either of them with no problem.

Sorry for the long post, y'all. But the Detroit show was off the hook! GREAT dancing; some of our favorite routines...who could ask for more!?

Reporting from the Big "D"....the show is wonderful!..You're a hoot!

It was actually during the intermission time. I left out of the auditorium a couple of minutes before the masses. But it was nothing huge like they were making out. (We wish, right!?) More...endearing, if anything. They were actually talking to some people (including a couple of fellow dancers), she stood on his right side and the kiss was to the left temple.

No matter what anybody says, those 2 really do look good together. Even if it's not something really happening there.

Again, I don't fully know about that......

They had an arm around one another when I first saw them and almost until the point of their turning to leave (I guess get ready for the next set)...BIG smiles, too, I have to say that.

But again, it was just like a natural response or something. Nobody else was hugging, touching, etc. But you can tell that they ALL are just really comfortable with one another and are on that level where they're "free" in their conversation & responses. You know what I mean? Sometimes on TV you can tell when something's staged for the cameras or whoever is watching in the moment. This wasn't the vibe with between these dancers.

NOW I wish I had pressed through and at least gotten within ear range because you all are making me go, "hmmmmmm?" LOL.

Still, I think that if you'd (anybody else) had been there, they could attest to B&D's comfort with one another and the great vibe flowing.....

Oh yeah, about Donny's reaction. She smiled and looked up at him for like a split second, then continued talking to people around her."

*swoons*

8:02 PM, September 27, 2006


Also: Ray thinks she may not want to go first, and is willing to let someone else begin writing our fic, so let me know if you're interested in writing chapter one. Don't forget to sign up for your order with the post before this one!

Love!

~ Moose ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I'm still in Chicago...until Sunday (knock on wood). Big pain in the butt! At least I'll get to see Tyra on Friday :D I looooove show recaps. There's always something new and squeelicious to add to "Benjelleville". I love how their actions toward one another even out of the public eye are so "natural". (I'm not sure I said that right...?) I feel a bit the voyeur, peeping in on a private momment...

Anonymous said...

still pleading for someone to put the tyra show on megaupload or something...
pleading! lol

<3

Anonymous said...

ok totally OT, but has anyone read Benji's myspace comments? It may be pushed back tomorrow or whenever you see it, but "Cutie Hawaii"/"Jasmine in Tropical Paradise" is a bit...shall we say..."taken" w/ the Benjster, and that's the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year! I'm a bit concerned for the guy, but Lacey did post on her page...

CandiceB said...

I saw the teaser clip for Friday's Tyra show on TV yesterday, and it looks so good! They showed Tyra asking the dreaded 'so are you dating someone?' question to Benji, and had the *dun dun dun* music go when benji got all flustered. They also showed a clip of the dance off...which looks like it will be freaking hilarious.