Friday, September 22, 2006

Ideas For Group Fic

The only person who has responded (That I've seen) to my question is I_love_Benyelle on the fanfiction board, but here are her ideas for the fic:
• "Just something like at Donyelle's studio, there's this 8/9 year old girl named Kara (or whatever) that signed up for hip-hop lessons a while back and has really latched herslf onto Donny. So, when (for a reason yet to be named that I'll think of later) Kara's parents die, Donyelle learns that Kara's parents had named her to be guardian of Kara."
• "some sort of serious accident during the show's run that leaves either of Benjelle's life in the balance, forcing the other to evaluate how he/she really feels"
• "Donyelle gets injured somehow and gets amnesia."

Also, I wrote out a rough draft of the first chapter of the idea I had. It's not written very well, but you hopefully get the idea. If people happen to like it, I'm willing to use it for the group fic, but I don't like it that much, so I don't expect you to : D. I have a few scenes planned out for later in the plot, so I'll probably just write it as my own fic, when I have the time. Anywho, here it is... It's short:

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The rain fell in torrents, deafening in it's clamor. She ran from the hotel lobby, out into the storm and the sorrow that accompanied it. Where had he gone? She scanned the streets for his for his SUV, for his silhouette, for any trace of him not washed away in the grief she felt encompass her is its frigid embrace. Why? Why couldn't she say it? Why couldn't she stop him from walking out once more, from abandoning her to pursue his greater ambition? Why didn't he love her? It was all her fault. It was ALWAYS her fault. She'd so often before run from all in her life she loved, all that scared her with its unknown possibilities. What if this had been her last chance? What if he had been the one for her to spend her life with? The tears cascaded down her cheeks, unnoticed through the wetness the dreary clouds had already set upon her face. She could not escape this feeling. She had lost him. She was alone, once more.

The scathing clamor of buses echoed through her mind, replacing the sounds of rainfall she could recall. Confused, she opened her eyes to find the tour buses had arrived. Slowly she rose from Tahir's shoulder, grasping her bags and preparing to board. As she turned to walk away, he spun her back to face him. She expected a hug, a kiss, any such interaction of the usual boyfriend-girlfriend sort. Instead, he merely pulled her closer to him, whispering harsh words in her ear, "I want you to stay away from him, okay? You are MY girl, now don't you go on forgetting that. Don't go around being a slut just 'cause the good little Mormon boy needs his dick tended to, you hear me?" She turned away from him in disgust, but he yanked her arm until she was back beside him. Grabbing her firmly so as to ensure she could not escape, he planted his lips domineeringly upon her, shoving his tongue forcefully between them. She did not kiss him back, but emitted a sound of helplessness. To him, it appeared a moan. Satisfied with himself, he pulled away, pinching her ass before allowing her to board. Benji paused before walking up the stairs, disgusted at the scene he had witnessed. She followed him into the small space that would be their home, careful to pull on the sleeves of her shirt until they covered the old bruises upon her arms.

As she laid in bed that night, the events flooded back through her consciousness, causing her to toss and turn through her discomforted slumber. Whore. Old. Fat. Negro (AN: For story purposes, this isn't the word that was actually used, but I'm not going to even type that one). Abomination. The words echoed through her very being as the image of the woman became more clear. She had stood on the street corner, signing autographs for the young girls who had approached her. Her head rose up in fear at the woman's outcry, as she came to stand before her, attacking her. She wore a CTB ring, a bible in her hand. "You are a scathing blemish to God's fair name! You prance about on that television screen as though you belong there, but you will never make anything of yourself. He will never want you, because he knows God. God made you a slave, and you shall remain such. Go back to Africa, and stay away from that boy. You'll see... He'll dispose of you in the end. What you are trying to pull here is disgusting."

She stirred, her mumbling growing louder as the scene played back to her. How true that woman's words were. Benji could never want her. He was a good mormon. It was against his religion to love such lowly scum. She could only ever be his charity case. This realization had sent her running back to Tahir. Suddenly, she felt a hand upon her shoulder, shaking her gently. "Donny?" the voice said, "What's wrong?"

She opened her eyes to see Travis before her, a look of concern etched carefully across his youthful features. She needn't bother him with such weighty troubles. "Nothing," she said unconvincingly, "Just a bad dream..." She was careful to smile for effect. Travis knew there was more to the story, but chose not to press the issue, not yet. Sighing, Donyelle closed her eyes, once more. All in her life was just one long, bad dream.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Please give us feedback on our ideas, and submit your own. If we're going to do this, we kinda need to figure out what we're writing about : D.

~ Moosey ~

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Moose and Taylor, its phoenixrising85 from the SYTYCD fanfic site. Umm, I just wanted some clarification about your group fic, I'm a little lost(whose writing it etc).

As far as ideas go, this is the only scenario I've thought of for you: 3 years after sytycd, Donyelle runs into Benji at a night club. . .let your imagination and creativity take you from there. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. peace.

Moose said...

Hey, thanks for the idea!

The group fanfic is basically just a way of representing our little Benjelle community on this blog by writing something together. Let me know if you'd like to be a part of it! I hope not to leave anyone out here, but I THINK the authors participating are: Taylor, Seosy, Silas, Pineapple Princess/Candy Cheeks/Schnitzel, Ora, Ray, Candice, I_love_Benyelle (Kat), Thallie, and me.

~ Moosey ~

Anonymous said...

Okay i honestly love this idea so could you please please please continue with it.

By yourself or as a group. :)

Anonymous said...

moosey!

heres my suggestion (all i can think of right now, sorry): they go their separate ways after the tour, B goes to NYC to be on broadwayyyy (maybe with Heidi) and D goes to NYC to pursue hip hop/jazz. theyve lost all contact with each other until they audition for the same company and both make it.back to rehearsing/traveling together, and old feelings are brought back to the surface...
idk if u read my comment on the other post, but if its ok, i should only do 1 chapter, because i am extremely busy with college apps,moving, and hw. :( i wish i could contribute more, but at least this way i can put 100% into my 1 chapter (and maybe sometime this year update my own fic?). hope that's ok?

Moose said...

Of course that's fine, Ray!

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions guys : D

~ Moosey ~

Anonymous said...

Hey Moose, wow... ur story is really intense so far. I say persue that.

I thought it would be funny if like ... while on tour donyelle breaks up w/ tahir and it comes up that benji's in love w/ her ... duh. but ever since the samba, dmitry can't stop thinking of her either, despite natalie lol.

Anonymous said...

i really like thhat idea...its fresh and its intriguing ...so i say go with it, there are so many possibilities that cud cum out that so i like it

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll! Well, although I'm not actually participating in the fic (mainly because I'm a horrible writer), I'd just like to say that...I LOVE AMNESIA FICS!! I know this is kind of odd, but I can't help it! Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

hey guys i just got back from the show and yes donny was their and she did better than ever i was so stunned, scared and amazed at the same time sorry its not the update and info u were looking for but im just lost 4 words talk later hopefully
Moniluv15

Anonymous said...

oh yeah and about the group fan fic you know im in but i was thinking we take a different approach then the others something un- expected u know me i have a lot of whittle ideas in my head that only god's knows

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CandiceB said...

Seeing as I haven't come up with any ideas for the fic myself, I am kind of partial to the one that Moose started. It's interesting, because this idea could also be flipped over to how Benji is reacting to racism/prejudice regarding his dancing/loving/liking Donyelle (I believe there are actually articles out there where Benji mentions that some people have said things like that to him). It's possible that we could write the story from both perspectives. However, I don't think the racism plotline should be the only plotline in the story. We should have something a bit lighter to fall back on when things get really intense.

My ideas for the second, 'lighter', plotline:
-Cat is pregnant and the dancers are all atwitter planning a baby shower. It's cutesy but would work...and it could be funny when the guys get involved.
-Nigel is trying to recruit some of the dances for a new Fox reality show 'So You Think You're a Celebrity Idol?'--a cross between SYTYCD, Celebrity Duets, and American Idol. This could also work as a full-fledged fic by itself.
-LOL, if we are going to do an amnesia plotline, I think it would be hilarious for Dmitry to be the one with amnesia...we could switch his accent, make him think he's from Texas, etc. Sooo many funny possibilities, but it could also be serious at times.

So, those are my comments/suggestions thus far. Let me know what you think!

Sorry for the heinously long comment! :)

Anonymous said...

cool! I'd love to be in on it, if no one minds.
-phoenix

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Moose, I think that you should continue that chapter thing into your own story. I love it and I honestly think that you should but only if you want to. It was fantastic and it made me go where's the update?

Taylor said...

Niecey! Seriously! I was like..umm, thats it? NOO!

-Taylor :P

Moose said...

Moni: Sorry I left you off the list!

Tornado: If you're the Tornado I know of on the fanfic board, ou DEFINITELY don't suck!!

Phoenix: Of course you can : D

Candice: OMG, the Dmitry with amnesia thing's a riot! Yeah, so it was a little subtle in this beginning chapter, 'cause I was trying to make it foreshadow, and stuff, but Tahir's beating her, as well. Lol, so, yes, it would need a lighter plotline... I've actually had a scene from later in the fic planned out in my mind for while, and it's when Benji sees the signs, and gets involved and everything...

Thanks for the comments, guys! I intend to continue this, but I want to wait until everybody has submitted ideas, and you've all taken the poll I'm writing, so I know if I'm doing it by myself, or adapting it to the group.

Gha, I'm so late! Got to go!!

~ Moosey ~

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Moose. And yes. I am the same person. Exciting huh? I think I'm gonna start a new fic over there...because I feel like it!