Monday, October 30, 2006

'Nother Tranjelleidison Interview

Thanks again for the link, skyofsmiles!

Travis: Yeah! It's the only way to keep sane!

Benji: By being insane.

MuchMusic.com: There's a lot of big personalities on the show, so who's your favourite non dancer to impersonate?

Benji: Brian Friedman's necklace.

Allison: Mary Murphy for sure!! Can I do it? WOOO! CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT! YOU'RE SMOKIN' HOT!

Travis: We impersonate Cat Deeley a lot, especially on tour cause her voiceover introduces us. We'll make fun of the way she says our names, how she says "America", how she says, "opa"...

Allison: OPA!!

Travis: She tries to say "Opa" like Natalie [a top 10 finalist], only she says, "ooopa!"

Allison: It's hysterical, we laugh every time.

MuchMusic.com: Do you have a song that reminds you of being on the show or on tour?

Travis: YES.

Heidi: It's by Corinne Bailey Rae, "Like A Star". (Laughs) It was a moment that we had with our disco choreographer --

Donyelle: Doriana!

Benji: Dolly-anna!

Heidi: We were doing a disco warm-up with her and she had this song playing, and she was just doing some really, really cool warm-ups.

Allison: We just really liked it!

Travis: (singing) "She's a beautiful girl, she's a beautiful girrrrl!" We hated those songs. [the songs used for "good-bye videos" for eliminated contestants]

Allison: If we hear those songs, we want to --

Benji: We vomit.

MuchMusic.com: I wanted to ask you that! So you're conditioned to instantly feel sad when you hear those elimination songs?

Allison: Yeah. It can make us angry. That's for sure.

Travis: On the tour we play all those videos of the people who were sent home and you hear those songs at least 15 times per show on tour. So imagine hearing that every day.

Allison: Well see, for me ...

Travis: Uh oh.

Others: (Laughing)

Allison: They weren't actually cut from the show and I was! So I heard that song. For me.

MuchMusic.com: What moment from the show really overwhelmed you in some way - made you laugh, bawl, scream?

Travis: I have two. One, when she [Allison] got sent home. It was unexpected and I kind of pooped my pants a little bit. Also when I made top four cause I thought I was supposed to be sent home when I was in the bottom three the week prior. But when they announced my name to stay, I freaked out cause that was my goal from the beginning of the show.

Allison: I wasn't even in the competition anymore but I went and watched the week after I got cut and I just remember getting really emotional when I saw Natalie and Ivan get cut. I knew what was going through their head and I felt really bad for them!

Donyelle: I think the most memorable for me was the very first show. When we walked out on stage and everybody started screaming, I was like, "oh my god." The saddest person for me going home was Martha. That one got me. She and I built a really close friendship over the course of the show. But the most amazing moment was the very first time we stepped out on to the stage. And Benji and I were first! We were freaking out!

Travis: When we walked out on the final show, people were screaming and it was like, this is it. Last competition week, we looked at each other like, "LOVE YOU!"

Everyone: (Laughing)

Benji: For me, one of the most defining moments of the show was, I think it was the week of the top 6, when Cat Deeley came out in this black -- she looked great. That was my defining moment.

Travis: (glaring) Of course you would say that.

Benji: No, I mean, I agree with - the very first moment we walked out. Un-buh-wee-ba-bul! Is it karma??

Everybody: MAYBE.

MuchMusic.com: Um, that was an inside joke. Ok.

Allison: Another hard moment was the first time we all changed partners.

Benji: Oh god, that was the WORST.

Everybody: (Jabbering, screaming in agreement)

Allison: That really was the hardest week.

Benji: Don and I were going THROUGH IT cause we did not want that to happen.

Allison: Everyone was onstage like, crying.

Travis: I was sad, but - it was a change, it was something new to experience. I always thought I was gonna dance with Heidi, and then I actually got to dance, and then I got contemporary --

[Everyone is glancing at the TV, which is playing an episode of So You Think You Can Dance]

MuchMusic.com: Is this weird for you [watching the show]?

Allison: So weird.

Benji: I haven't even seen most of them.

[Everyone starts to cat call Heidi, who is dancing a solo on TV]

Travis: I had one where they rhinestoned my entire name. I wrote it on my Myspace and now people try to out-do the rhinestone sign!

Benji: One person drew a full face portrait of me and it was so crazy that my mom took the picture and started making photocopies and passing it out. It was pretty cool. There was this one too where the person actually put her blood on it. All these little brown splots and I was like, "I hope that's not her blood." It was a little manic.


I can't put the pictures here, 'cause it won't let me, but here's the link to them: http://www.muchmusic.com/insidemuch/couplapics/so_you_think_you_can_dance/

~ Moosey ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyoh ;) I copied and pasted the pics and uploaded them to my photobucket if that helps you... here's a link if you'd like:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/jmsquared81/SYTYCD%20on%20MOD/

thanks for doing such a great blog! :)