Saturday, October 14, 2006

Group Fic Chapter One

I don't know if all the authors will be willing to have their chapters put up here, but there were requests for me to put up the first chapter, and, coincidentally enough, I've given myself consent to do so, so here you go:

Dun dun dun dun!!! The long awaited group fic has begun, at last! If you are one of the authors participating, and would like to be next to post a chapter, say so in a comment (This will apply with every subsequent chapter, aswell). The first to say this each time will get to write that chapter. After we have made it through the entire list of authors, we will go in the order first set out (I think). Also, please sign your name at the end of the chapter you write.

Good luck to all participating, and please leave comments :D. LOVE!


*Chapter One*

My mind is tired as I walk the familiar streets, the lights that had so often illuminated us in the pleasure of our company mocking me as they force me to shield my eyes. Two years. Seven months. Three days. I look down to my watch - Four hours and eighteen minutes. Time spent in solitude, in pain, in the sea of images that seeks to suffocate me with the choking sensation it brings to my throat. Who knew one person could be capable of such love? It was a broken feeling. When it all came down to the bare and inconsolable truth, I knew my life was destined to end in pain, a destiny of unfulfilled desire as I stare at the film rolls of possibilities. My life is filled with the 'what ifs' and the 'if onlys'. With the shattered promises, the abandoned dreams. He has never truly left me, not within the sorrowful chasms of my soul. No, he his the culprit of my every despair, there to overlook my pain as it seeks to claim me, body, spirit, and waking life. I am slowly devoured as I fall into the spiral, downward, downward, downward. Where it leads, I do not expect to be told. My soul is a wanderer, calling out to its love. Out there I wait for him, yet he is dead to me in here. It is he who has sought to kill me in this time. Yet each time I turn from that railing, I put down that bottle of pills, it is that sweet and tender image of his face, that smile and loving adoration that reaches to me, to sooth the fever that has taken me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The words of Bryan Adams faded into the void, to what was to them an empty space as their souls stood there alone, unwavering as the crowd around them erupted in their sea of cheers. Their gaze was fixed, neither willing to break the spell that had gently set its hand upon them. Slowly his lips approached hers. She froze to the spot, only capable of a simple stare into the deepening pools of green as they bore a hole through her very being, striking a note at the core of all emotion she was capable of experiencing. Alas their mouths met in a fiery dance of passion, reaching through all barriers to touch each other with their love.

The audience clapped furiously, rejoicing in a romance realized, celebrating the conclusion of all speculation with the fulfillment of their fantasy. But one in the audience sat in fury, his fist clenched in anger at the sight so shamelessly portrayed before him.

The two lovers left the stage with adoring smiles playing upon their faces to display the elation bubbling from deep within, their fingers intertwined in an urgent grasp to assure them that the events of the night were real. They rounded the corner back stage, a lift in their usually plodding steps. In that moment the fist came flying, the hand of the boyfriend colliding with the dumbstruck face of the man she had given her heart to.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Donny... I can't go on being second in your life... Being put behind the boyfriend you refuse to leave..."

The tears flooded her eyes as she choked out the words he couldn't bring himself to believe, "Benji, I love you!"


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had finally left him. Alas, she had thrown off the very chains that bound her to him in the guilt that had restrained her from her will to fly free with the man she truly loved. She parked her car before his house, jumping out and running to his door in anticipation. She rang the bell.

Inside two stood, indisposed to company. Slowly, one rose from her position. "I'll get it," she offered. He smiled in appreciation.

"Benji?" Donny called from outside, a hopeful tone coating her voice. She tried the bell, once more. Still, there came nothing, no sign of any stirring behind the heavily frosted windows to his entry way. His SUV was in the driveway. Where was he? Finally, she knocked in desperation, silently hoping that the doorbell was merely broken. Yet she continued to stand there in silence, facing the sympathetic gaze of an elderly man as he passed her by on the sidewalk. Just as she turned to leave, her shoulders sagging from the disappointment of this visit.

Inside, he bolted to a standing position, a sudden fear and anticipation coming over him as he heard her voice. He rushed after her as she approached the door, managing to force a simple "Don't!" from his lips as she swung it open to reveal the visitor on the other side.

Donny stood shocked at the site before her. Leaning upon the door frame was a woman, tall, blonde, and young, clad only in the long, button-up shirt of a man. Behind her was her Benji, looking devastated in his simple boxers.

The tears fell from her eyes as she ran back to the safety of her car.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is a web of memories we have carelessly trapped ourselves within, and messes to be untangled. Some things are simply too old to be fixed. But what if a destiny could be rewritten?

I continue to contemplate this insanity I reside within as I feel my hand slide tenatively across the cold metal of the door handle and I take it in my sweating palm. I turn it, agonizingly slowly as though I know what I am to face. But it is just another day, another audition, another let down in the making. What is there to fear that lies within that room? My steps are tedious in their pace, my heart steady in its [i]bum bum, bum bum[/i] as it seeks to tear its way from the prison of my chest. What is it that installs in me this sense of dread? And then I see my destiny from afar. I see him.



Okay, so, before you kill me, the incident in the skimpy clothing in not necessarily all it appears to be. It is for the writers continuing this to decide whether or not they wish to expand on that incident.

~ Moosey ~

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I updated! :) Ill post Chappie two on the blog

-Taylor :P

Anonymous said...

Amazing!
Amazing!
Amazing!
I was a little confused at first but I caught on. Make sure that donny & Benji end up being together.
Moose:Thank You so much for posting it. You don't think you can post the other chapters on here. Oh Man. Could you at least see if you can. I need some more. If you cant that is okay though.
Thanks again
Luv Ya

Anonymous said...

ahhhh! so, this was the beginning- ok the audition makes a lil more sensse now,lol- good job ladays!

Anonymous said...

hahah wow I like it! heheh I can't wait for more chapters keep it up Tay Tay woo hoo! :)