Saturday, June 30, 2007

Squeeeeeee

Ora, my love! Yay for emailing Benji *swoons*. I remember when he emailed me back after I send him a montage, and he told me it was great and he would watch it with Dony on the bus *dies just thinking about it*.

By the way, I'm über excited that you've joined my cause full on! I was afraid I'd be all by myself... But you, Candice, and I shall hereby knock the socks off of this thing!

I agree about wanting the charity to be more than just the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. It's certainly a worthy cause, but, given the choice, I would have chosen a charity angled more to children than college students, since that is his main focus. Unfortunately, when I created the cause, I discoved that I had to choose a benefactor, and there was a very limited list of those I could select that had anything to do with Jesús' vision, at all. If we can contact him and make a charity in his name, we should be able to set ourselves (meaning that charity) up as the bennefactor and then add that to the cause (though I'll have to make another page, since I already tried changing the bennefactor, and it wouldn't let me). However, I have another thought, too. In my Latin Americn Studies course this last year (best class I've ever taken), we did a unit on the Mexican American Civil Rights Movement/Chicano Civil Rights Movement. During that, we studied the grape industry, and a lot of the struggles they went for to gain fair wages. I don't remember if there was a charity associated with that, but I'll look into it, and it would certainly go along with our cause quite well.

Anywho (Since people are probably wondering why this is all aimed at Ora, I'll wrap it up), let's discuss this more on facebook. I can also try to talk to the people who run Sara's fanspace on facebook (since one of them happens to be her brother) to see if one of them could talk to Sara about it.

Here's Ora's exchange with Benji:

Ora said...
ummm Moose?

can we just say that I just got a reply message from Benji
holy CRAP.

My Message:
Before I begin, HI!!! I was a heavily addicted Benjeller and I love both you and Donyelle and look forward to seeing both of your futures blossom.

Anyway, my name is Ora. I live in Chantilly, Virginia and am 17 years old. Last year, you and Donyelle captivated the hearts of thousands of people and inspired them to dance. This year, I (and several of my friends) were once again touched by the actions of a contestant on the show, Jesús Solorio. After hearing his goal of wanting to inspire people to dance, my friends and I decided that we wanted to live out his goal and "pay it forward". Therefore, we have started to spread dance awareness in the areas we live in by organizing dance showcases, competitions and fundraisers.

Originally, we were going to donate all the money that we earned to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund in California, but I was curious as to what one would have to do in order to start a charity in honor of someone, like you did with D.E.M.A.N.D. In addition, I was wondering if there was any way for me to contact Jesús about the charity (in order to get permission to start something in his name).

I truly hope that you don't feel as if I'm using you to get to Jesús it's just I had no one else to turn to seeing as Jesús doesn't have a Myspace, Facebook or any fan accessible way of contacting him. Trust me, if you were to reply to this message I would probably go into a fangirl induced coma.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and send my best to Lacey,
~Ora

P.S. My inner fangirl would feel robbed if I didn't ask you for some type of autographed Benji paraphernalia so if you'd be willing to write your name on anything and send it in the mail it would be throughly appreciated.

His Reply:

hi back. unfortunatley i cant give out any info on jesus at this time. he's a bud of mine but i, being emplyed on the show cannot be in cintact with an cast member from this season outside of show related business. but be patient...im going to get him for a demand benefit at the end of the year.
much blessing to you!
b




Love!

~ Moosey ~

7 comments:

Taylor said...

SGDJAGHDF! OMG Oraaa! <33 YAY!

onlyhuman13 said...

Ahh!!!!!!! Yay!! I'm waaay jealous, Ora!!!

And I'd just like to say that the thought of some sort of charity like that is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

omigoodness! sooo amazing!!!!!!

now i want to write to benji about benjelle, but disguise it as something demand-related. i'm so bad.

Moose said...

haha *cough* all of you should join our facebook cause *cough*

Unknown said...

*swoons*

yes. join the Facebook group. now. together we can honor the name of Jesus Solorio.

Anonymous said...

Ugghhh I am sooo Jealous of you I wish I could talk to Benji! That would be awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great that he responded and was encouraging in his response!