Thursday, June 14, 2007

R.I.P. Ricky and Ashlee

As I always have, I find it kinda silly that they send people home after the first week, after they've only had the opportunity to do one dance style, but, hey, it is what it is. I think it's awefully depressing that those two had to go home this week, even though we haven't been given the chance to really get to know them yet. Out of the three girls, I think Ashlee was the right choice to send home, simply based off of her solo. I mean, it was okay, but it just really didn't do much for me tonight. Now, in terms of the guys, I believe that Ricky was absolutely the wrong choice of who to send home. Though they're all amazing, I think Dominic's solo showed less than Ricky's did, and everyone in the room when I was watching thought he would be the first person they'd automatically keep. And, again, we haven't seen their personalities much, but I think he's shown one as much as Dominic has. Oh well, maybe that's just me.

In terms of the fairwell videos, what is up with the song choices? I totally miss getting 'Suddenly I See' and 'It's the End of the Road' stuck in my head each week, and singing them at the top of my lungs (While tearing up a bit) each time they came on the radio this year. I mean, these songs were okay, but so... Forgetable.They may be good songs just by themselves, but if it's a song for saying goodbye, you want pizzaz and fireworks. You want it to be catchy. I didn't even really hear the song in Ricky's video until the very end of it. Boooooring.

Benji!!!!!!!!!!!! A Benjelle reunion on stage would have been a dream come true (I would have DIIIIEEEEEEEDDDDDD), but it was amazing to see him up there, too. He was spectacular, as usual. I mean, DUHR. And the little chat with Cat was hilarious of course. It's hard to believe that I wasn't too big on her at the beginning of last season, cause I'm crazy about her now (She is soooooooooo a Benjelly). And when I saw Benji taking off his pants, I was, like, stifling laughter. My mom was going crazy (In a bad way :/), and my sister didn't think that he was, even when you could see the red and white stripes as he did his turn. Hehe.

What else... Ooh, the beginning dance. It of course can't stand up to Ramalama, or even Sexy Back (Especially if you consider who's in Sexy Back), but it's a Wade Robson creation, so automatically über cool. Though it was seriously hurting my head. At this stage in the game, it's hard enough to figure out who's who when they're in their pairs, but the costuming was no help whatsoever. I picked, like, one guy out when he got close enough to the camera. Well, other than Hok, of course. He was the only easy one to find. I THINK I saw Lacey once, but those wigs were really throwing me off. Sheesh.

Much lurv!

~ Moosey ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, i totally agree with the ricky dropoff; he was amazing. dominic didn't bring anything new to the game, just another breaker.

but yay for the return of the patriotic undies!

Jo-Dean said...

Lol, I agree with the farewell songs being forgettable. I'm sitting here and I can't remember one of them! I hope they change it.
And I think I screamed a little bit (out of joy) when Benji pulled down his pants.
:D