Saturday, December 09, 2006

Woot Woot Travis!

Anonymous said...
Hi it's Nony! With a fun fact I bet you didn't know (bogarted from twop.com).

Random amusing fact: Someone pointed out to me recently that the winning piece Travis choreographed for his studio earlier this year (Til Next Time) at Dance Alliance Nationals actually beat out another (Intelligent Design) by... *insert drumroll*...
Mia Michaels herself.

Technically the Critic's Choice award is not based on choreography alone - it's based on the following criteria:

TECHNICAL ABILITY 50%
PERFORMANCE AND INTERPRETATION 20%
CHOREOGRAPHY AND MUSICALITY 20%
OVERALL APPEARANCE 10%

So it's more about the dancers themselves than the choregraphy. NYCDA attracts the best dancers in the country - so even being in the top five is a huge honor to the whole studio, it means that quality training occurs there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB07W0Q5bSY

Here's Brian Freidman dancing and cherographing for a Macy's fashion show (short close-up version) using SexyBack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUIPfir6GAw

Here's the same show (longer version medley).

2:43 PM, December 09, 2006




~ Moosey ~

6 comments:

Taylor said...

chomg, Travis. Teh wubb of my life. Yeah you may love Travis but I'm married to him! *evil laugh*

btw, is this the same Taylor from myspace? Because if you are: HIYA!!!


:D



-Taylor :P

Moose said...

Ypu girls confuse me, lol. There may be another Hannah on here, but everyone knows me as Moose, so it doesn't really matter. Lol, I guess it's not as confuzzling as the bajillion anonymousi...

Taylor said...

*gasp* Nooo! Travis. How could you do this to me?? I thought what we had was special! What about our two children. Caden and Denise?

(hahaha. Random names.) *runs away crying* *slaps Taylor* hehe


-breaks out into song- Call up that chick and see if she's home. Oops I bet you thought that I didn't know. What did you think I was puttin you out fooo? Because you was untrue! Rollin' her around in the car that I bought yooou! So Bunny drop dem keys. Hurry up before your tour bus leaves. Standin in the front yard tellin me how I'm such a fooool. Talkin bout I'll never find another dancer like youu. But I got Ivan... hahah I need a life.


Oh and yeah, your layout is really pwetty. HEYOH!!




-Taylz :P

Taylor said...

lol Taylor. After I slapped you, cried, and broke out into song. You say. "hahha ohh boyyy" bwhahah. <333 That was too funny!


Oh and your new pics are cute too. :)

-Taylor :P

Anonymous said...

Damn! B.Free canmove. Some people thought he was smoking sh*t when he choreographed some of the SYTYCD stuff, but I guess he's got the moves to back it up.

Nikki said...

i just leave you off topic things all the time don't i? well i finally uploaded my video of the vfw from norfolk, so here it is, for your viewing pleasure. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfmVARWwIEg