Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Top 8 Review

Okay, time to review... Blah. So yeah. I'm drained, so I won't write much. Yeah...

Danra/Sanny Argentine Tango: Um, soooooo the sex. Gawd, that was friggen' amazing... The pretzel thing??? DAMN GIRL! And the prevideo was hilaaaaaaaaarious.

Domren/Lauric Krump: Yeah, it didn't do much for me. It just wasn't as hard hitting as I picture Krump being. And, I'm sorry, but Nigel commending Lauren for falling just didn't feel right to me... I kind of agree, in that I think it was a good move on her part to do that roll thing back off the floor instead of just plain falling... But it made me think back to when Allison dropped her hat during Bye Bye Blackbird with Ryan, and she made it into part of the dance. Both are *sort of* along the same lines, but Lauren's involves an issue with the dancing, rather than the wardrobe (Which really can't be blamed on Allison). And I know I'm getting ahead of myself ere, but then Allison dropping her hat made me think of Danny dropping his hat tonight, which he could have done more with. I know it was Hip Hop, not Broadwaym so it's harder to just pull a face and play it off, but something about what he did just made it even more obvious to me that it was unintentional. But it was good safety wise to get it off the stage. I dunno. Anywho, Krump tonight = mediocre for me.

Laceil/Neicey Latin Jazz: I have mixed feelings here. I actually agreed with everything that the judges said, but, even so, I was thinking, "Whoa, that's harsh..." And I really enjoyed the dance. The connection wasn't really there, but I still loved it. It made me think of Mia's "earthy" Jazz last season.

Pashra/Sabsha Broadway: I loved it. I thought they were great tonight. Now, I love Pasha, but the thing about him is that he does amazing partner work... He's always there for the girls, and he's strong in his dancing, but he kind of blends into the background sometimes because he's making the girls look SO good (Not that Sara nd Sabra can't do that for themselves, of course). Oh, and LMAO... Ally, Ora... I litterally started cackling when they did that move that was used in The Lioness Hunt. *wink wink*

Danra/Sanny Hip Hop: Okay, as soon as they walked on, I wanted to STRANGLE the wardrobe people... Um, WTF guys... Not okay to make ANYBODY living or dead wear that shit, especially not my favorite guy (Who's left) and girl... I agreed with everything Adam said to that effect... But, otherwise, I dunno what the schnizickel the jidges were talking about, cause I thought they were hot. They were totally on it 100%, and, frankly, the essence of what Nigel said to Sara was, "Come on, Sara, this is your style... How dare you not suck at it more to make your partner - who also kicked arse in this routine - look better, despite the fact that we keep stressing this as a SOLO competition now..." I was like, um, Nigel... Why does your bashing sound like it should be praise??

Domren/Lauric Rumba: Another 'meh' routine for me. I thought that Dom did infinitely better than last week, and God knows their costumes were preferable... But it really was a whole lot of posing, and not much dancing. Plus the song totally brought me back to last season and the Benjelle Montage/First Video Montage that I made to that song. AND, UGH, THAT KISS!!!!! *Smacks Dominic Non-Sexually* No kissing Lauren instead of Sabra, got it???

Laceil/Neicey Contemporary: *gets teary* Now, please don't kill me for this, but the dance, itself, didn't impress me that much. I thought they danced it amazingly, and the story behind it (Along with all the tears) was successfully DEPRESSING, but I was surprised at the judges' comments. I didn't, by any means, expect them to bash it... First of all, because it was well-executed, and secondly 'cause, um, how the heck could you say something bad about that when you know why Mia choreographed it??? I just don't see it as one of those routines that will be looked at as one of the greatest on the show. I thought it was really good, but the chorography just didn't serve it as one of those mindblowing routines I'm used to getting out of Mia.

Pashra/Sabsha Quickstep: I love it, seriously. There were little bits that obviously weren't perfect, but I thought they killed it. For me, they and Sara/Danny were the best of the night. Plus, Pasha looked like Jack Skellington... Which automatically makes it cool.


Moosey's Top Four (Of the night, but also overall): SARA, Sabra, Danny, Pasha
Moosey's Bottom Four: Lacey (Though I want her in my Top Four, too... She's, like, a hair behind Sabra), Neil, Dominic, Lauren
Send Home: Dominic (Or Neil) and Lauren

If Sara leaves, I will die.

End of story.

Peace and Love!

~ Moosey ~

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Nice review, Cheesehead!

Much better than my random spazzes after every show.

XD

Anonymous said...

Okay call me weird but I actually liked Danny and Sara's hiphop costumes. They were doing old school hiphop so their costumes fit the routine perfectly I thought. They looked right out of the eighties. My sister and I were actually annoyed by all their costume bashing. And I loved the pretzel thing. Those were some crazy boots.

Anyway, Dom/Lauren kiss? I thought it looked so fake and staged. I still say that the ending to the VFW is the hotess ending ever to be on the show. It looked real. That's the thing with Benjelle, they never look like they're acting. And I wasn't impressed with their krumping much either.

I think that if it wasn't for the backstory on the Mia routine I wouldn't have liked it as much. It was actually one of my least favourite Mia MIchaels routines.

Pasha and Sabra are awesome. That is all. Wow this is way longer than I intended.

Unknown said...

dont worry anonymouse. you're not the only one who liked the hip hop costumes. it had a very "Fat Albert meets Fresh Prince of Bel Air" vibe to it and it went well with the style of hip hop they did. I'm just a little bummed Shane didnt give them amazing choreography to work with in the first place.

and I feel the same about everythin else you said. mad props.

Anonymous said...

One more thing to add to my earlier comment, I totally thought of your Benjelle montage during the Rumba too. It made me smile :)

Moose said...

awww, thanks kendra :). i didn't think anyone would remember, lol.

Anonymous said...

YEAH LACEY AND NEIL OWN!

That dance was the best EVAH!

Hehehe...I know like no one else here found it as amazing as I did...but oh well. It owned me.

Anonymous said...

i wanna review too! i was out, and came back like about 20 minutes into the show, so i'll only comment on the things i saw, and remember.

Danra/Sanny Hip Hop: they did that "Push it" dance, right? haha yeah the wardrobe did remind me of sesame street. woah nelly.

Domren/Lauric Rumba: Dominic looked really sexy while doing the dance! i barely paid attention to Lauren though she looked nice too. i wanted to shoot lauren when her and Dom kissed.. well their lips just brushed when it looked like they maked out. but dom's lips should only touch sabra's! lol k we've got to learn to stop controlling who people should like and not like.. the bad part is that they actually do have some chemistry, like they look good together, BUT not as much as dombra ofcourse! teehee

Laceil/Neicey Contemporary: it was really cool but i wasnt like incredibly touched enough to cry or anything.

Pashra/Sabsha Quickstep: i dont really like quickstep but i think this one is even better than the Kamcey quickstep!

Erica's Top Four (Of the nigh): Sabra, Lacey (its really hard for me to choose between her and Sara), Danny and Pasha (idk why but i don't really like Neil anymore)

i dont feel like making a bottom four xP

Moose:"If Sara leaves, I will die."
Erica: "OMG DONT DIEE!!!"

i was totally shocked and MAJORLY pissed off tonight! i wanted Lauren and Neil to get the boot, but ofcourse Neil gets the major fangirl vote, but Lauren... idk how she got more votes than Sara! I wanted Sara to leave next night, but i think it just sets up our Top 4, with the Top 2 girls being Lacey and Sabra. but i guess sara would have to leave anyways. its sad but its nice she learned all she has on the show. im just as pissed off today as i was when Jessi and Jesus left! i was like banging on the couch i was sitting on, and screaming, when i heard that.. lol well not THAT loud but i think i freaked out my aunt, but she was watching the show too. GRR but w/e we have to get on with our lives w/o these people. sad, but im sure sara will have a lot better life than she would have if she didnt go on the show, so yays for her. AND DOMINIC. MY MANNNNNNNNNNNN! when neil and dom were in the bottom i knew dom wouldnt have a chance cuz of da gay neil fangirls. i used to be one of them but.. why oh why did neil have to be topless the night before! and.. just ugh. atleast dom is in the tour. thankgod im so getting his autograph (if i can?) if i can go. i think dom knew he was leaving too. i think he learned alot and he was really funny and all that, so i'll really miss him. neil isnt as great as i thought he was before.. i felt like we were gyped (if thats a word?). i know its a long long time ago but i still feel that jessi should have been in Lauren or Jaimie's place on the top 10. but im happy that sabra was the first to hug dominic, but im still majorly sad. dom's solo KICKED ASS!!!!! i mean.. he was breakdancing while sitting in a flippen chair!!!!!!!!!!neil's solo was.. predictable. HE DOES THE SAME SOLOS! and his solo was boring, too, i will add. *roarz and vows to vote for only danny+pasha next week*

anyways, the beginning dance was pretty cool. has anyone noticed that sabra's usually the star of them? and that the past 2 weeks, sabra's number has always been "07"? maybe that means she's like lucky, so she'll win the show, i hope (and then run away and marry dominic and have many happy dancing childrens [XDD "the benjelle dream"])

uh what else. WE WERE GYPED! if thats a word, im owning that right nowwwwww.

1 more thing.. OH THE GPYED-NESS! and dom+danny are hott, and does danny wear mascara or eyeliner? lawlz. and did they say that cat deeley looked like Audrey Hepburn? cause thats what i was thinking.. except without the brown hair, lol. i love Breakfast at Tiffany's. one of my favorites!

and sadly after lookin at the recap im really pissed that they DID kiss but like not really-but kinda! *roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarz and vows to vote for Sara+Lacey 138482482*(@*($& times next week*

kay thats it. T_T