Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moosey's Top Four Review

Okay, so to say I'm done with my homework would be the biggest lie EVER, but my dad's working on the Calculus problems that I couldn't get no matter how many times I did them, and I fell asleep reading my text for APUSH, so I'm having my dad print out the shorter version (I can't open Word documents on my computer) for me to read during lunch. The point is, I've hit a, like, 5 minute lull, and I have to do something to keep from falling asleep before I'm done with Calc. Plus, I highly doubt I'll have any more time to write this tomorrow. ANYWAY, here's my review =).

Sabra/Neil Hip Hop: Oy, I hate it when the judges tear the dancers apart over what is likely precisely what the choreographer demanded of them. Shane was shaking his head in the audience, so I doubt that much if any of the criticisms really had anything to do with them. They did what he choreographed.

Sabra/Lacey Jazz: I don't know what the Hell the jidges were talking about, because I thought that was amazing. And, um, quoi? You couldn't understand the story, Nigel? If anything, it was almost too straightforward for me. Even without the explanation, I would have gotten it. And beyond that, it was some damn hard choreography. There was so much skill involved in it, and so much control required... God, I never thought Dan would seem like the most sane on the pannel.

Lacey/Neil Lindy Hop: Obviously, that dance was damn hard, and I commend them tremendously for what they did. But the judges shouldn't have praised them as though it had been perfect. There were several moments where I noticed a move not pulled off all too gracefully, and that should be acknowledged. Yes, you can point out how difficult those lifts and flips were, and how well they did considering, but don't pretend it was better than it was, just to sway the votes. I've seen Lindy Hopping (My sister has done some), and that just wasn't the best.

Danny/Neil Contemporary: Quoi? A Mia Michaels', you say? I would never had guessed if they hadn't told us, but I loved it just the same. This is when Danny's technique and Neil's tricks really shine, not to mention the brilliant performances they both put on. Every little detail was immensely entertaining for me.

Danny/Lacey Viennese Waltz: Nothing can ever beat out an original VFW for me, but this was pretty damn amazing. I loved it, and I loved all the adorable Dancey interactions.

Sabra/Danny Cha Cha: Pretty damn sexy. Loved the interactions here, too, especially since they're my two tops of who's left. I'm exhausted, so I can't remember the specifics of what I thought watching it, but I remember liking it, lol.


My Ranking:
1) Danny
2) Sabra
3) Lacey
4) Neil


Who I want to win: SARA! Haha, but of who actually *can* win, I'd go for Sabra, 'cause that girl's amazing, and it's about time a girl win it. But I would also be quite happy to have Danny take it (Those two are tied for me, except for the fact that a girl should get it, lol). And I could accept it if Lacey or even Neil got it. I don't think they should win, but they're all four phenominal, so it wouldn't be the most devastating of inustices (Like, oh, say... Sara going home) for one of those two to get it, instead.

Random comment: I loved to see that Danny and Neil were there *snaps for emphasis* instantly in the clip of Dominic dropping Sabra on her head during Hairspray. *hugs them*

Another random comment: WTF DAN??? Sabra was indisputably (Though I'm sure a ton of you will dispute it) carrying Dominic, not the other way around. *hides from Taylor*

Anywho, there's my far shorter than usual review.

Time for more Calculus.

*stabs self*

~ Moosey ~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sabra/Neil Hip Hop: honestly it wasnt my favorite of the night

Sabra/Lacey Jazz: like they said, its one of those dances some like, and others dont. i thought it was cool.

Lacey/Neil Lindy Hop: yeah that looked insanely hard, and lacey messed up a couple times and you could easily notice. but w/e i liked it i guess.

Danny/Neil Contemporary: LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so HOT lol

Danny/Lacey Viennese Waltz: haha yeah Dancey is great! the pre-dance tape thingie was funny. and the dance was ah-mazin!

Sabra/Danny Cha Cha: weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! i liked it just coz it was chacha and i like the cha cha lol even though i kinda liked Passi's chacha like better cause it was more upbeat, this got better around the middle like the judges said.

Group Dance: um i didnt "love" it but i liked the outfits and some parts

OVERALL: SABRA SHOULD WIN! I VOTED FOR HER LIKE FOR 30 MINUTES TOO! :D

My Response to "another random comment": i agree partially. dominic had a cool personality, but i became a sabra fan beginning when she danced contemporary with Dom. so yea.. sabra did carry Dom alot after that. woah. i hate the fact how they always comment on Dom dropping Sabra like ALOT.

Taylor said...

*tears* DOMMMM!


BUTCHOMG.

Dominic. Cedric. Jimmy. THEY ARE COMING BACK TOMORROW! AAAHHH!! WWOWJGDFJAGDAJ! YEAHYEAHWOO!

My winning ranking thingy is:

1.Sabra
2.Danny
3.Neil
4.Lacey


before Lacey was third....but Neil is so frekain' cool. XD "I just wanna love youuu" lmaowth.

Moose said...

*cringe*

taylor, ya know i love you... but CEDRIC? yeah, he seams like a nice enough guy, but he should have gone week one (i wanted dominic to go then, but he grew on me. still, as much as i love dominic, he shouldn't have gotten quite that far when people like jesús, and jimmy, and such did not.

JES'VON TONIGHT - WOOT!

hehe, erica, i laughed when you said 30 mins. i just watched the sara/dom vid taylor posted (i though i'd seen them all, but this one i hadn't), when she said that she watched the vagabond cabaret *three* times, but 30 minutes isn't quite so dwarfed. i'm just thinking of my 2 hr power vote sessions for sara. i haven't voted since she left, though.

DID I MENTION THE PENDING JES'VON???

Unknown said...

YAY FOR SABRA!!!

YAY FOR SARA DANCING IN 6 ROUTINES!

YAY FOR JES'VON REUNITED!

*does happy dance*

Taylor said...

BOOYAH. I TOTALLY CALLED THE RANKING!

I'M A FRIKKIN' PSYCHIC PIMP.

YESHH. *cripwalks with random LBF members* =D

YAY SABRA!!!!

Moose said...

haha, the first thing my sister said (in an unintentionally southern accent) was, "eets a guurl!" and we just kinda looked at her. almost as amusing as when my mom randomly exclaimed during lacey and neil's contempory, "i tripped on an extention cord once..." *cue crickets and insanely wtf type looks in her direction* "while i was dancing" *cue hysterical laughter at her expense for the stupidity of that randomness* me in response: "i tripped on an elephant once."