Friday, May 04, 2007

Mambo blogg.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

and the storm stopped...
Current mood: dorky

enough people...
okay so im revising this...basically saying that what was done is done...no hard feelings either way best of luck to all the competitors on Dancing with the Stars.
It really wasnt a huge deal to me. Unfortunately people have made it something very big. All in all I'll say this. The reasons as to why I have made the decision to remove the video and my opinion of what happened...

I don't want one person's decision for what is only a minute and a half's time to alter the course of someone trying very hard to be good out there. As competetive dancers, we all go thru stress, and tv shows are no exception...sometimes we aren't very conscious of our actions and in no way mean to insult the integrity and hard work of others. I feel that this was the case. I don't believe it was Julianne's intention at all to do what was done. She was just trying to make her partner look good and stand out....I think she did just that! Best of luck to both of them. My apologies to those that I may have offended...never my intention to offend, but to show truth and clarify issues that pertain to my friends, family and myself. Which i felt I have written was written with honesty when many other words and emotions could have spilt and they didn't. Am I trying to get Apollo kicked off?....no not at all, in fact he has a very great shot at winning the whole thing jazzed if he did. More than anything, I do what I love and I put so much of myself into it. Heidi and Alex do that as well. I may need to start looking that when something I've put my stamp on is done or thru whatever channel has graced the movement of another person, then it is as many have said is a compliment. Do I regret what was said? No not at all. Do I like it when someone gets hurt by all of this? No. So yeah...

To my amazingly supportive fans:
you guys rock! all in all, its amazing to see so many protective of heidi and I. Thank you...let's all have a cease fire and let the SHOW GO ON!
Love yall...
feelings aside...if there are naysayers about all this, let's be the bigger ones here. There is no more bad feelings between Julianne and I, nor were there really ever...just very big amounts of miscommunication!

Peace!
Benji



-Tay[MLS] :P

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

here we go again... mambo mambo blogg ...phase two DAMAGE CONTROL. we were always told, you can't unring a bell once it's been rung. Now we have a few thousand people(benji myspace fans) who hate julianne & apolo. since i am so stupid i needed a mambo blog to help me figure out who to not vote for this week. i didn't know benji invented the wheel. i'm sure he thinks he did,(unknownst to him someone already did thousands of years ago) SARCASM. i'm sure there's a 40 or 50 year old Mambo film clip out there showing this. and please don't tell me the blog & video was a love letter to juliane & apolo.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it? whats going on?

Anonymous said...

Umm...yeah I'm lost. So anyway where are the pics from the Image Magazine photoshoot?

Anonymous said...

ok. Watch this, and then watch Black Mambo by Heidi and Benji....notice anything? (hint: they're identical, except Heidi and Benji were better---and Julianne had a wardrobe malfunction)

Hope that clears things up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFklJAd-SIk

-CandiceB

Anonymous said...

anon @12:59, i couldn't have typed it better than you. benji has a problem with dealing with certain things that have to do with public opinion. i believe he shouldn't have put up that video at all in the first place. because of what he did, people who weren't aware became known to the fact that julianne's & apolo's dance was similar to his & heidi's, which in my most honest opinion isn't apolo's fault & to a certain extent not julianne either. i mean, certainly the producers would've known something about that mambo being similar to the mambo done by benji. shouldn't they have said something then? in any case, what's done can't be undone & if apolo gets voted off because of all this big fuss that benji could've ironed out on a one-to-one basis with julianne, then i really have to honestly say that benji disappoints me. true, a professional does not "steal" from others but then again, a true professional would also never make another professional look bad, intentionally or otherwise. sorry benji but i think you've gone a little far on this one & an apology blog & taking down that video won't make things right. if any, i'd say that video was the catalyst to making things worse.

Anonymous said...

truthie @ 1:16pm i doubt there'll be any pics. remember the pics he promised us of his birthday bash? they weren't put up either. my guess is it's going to be like that.

Anonymous said...

why do people keep saying heidi's & benji's mambo is better? of course it is; they're BOTH professionally trained dancers. apolo on the other hand isn't but to be able to dance like that, you have to give him credit. anon @ 8:29, i agree with you completely. benji of all people should know what it's like to be on a reality show like that, what sacrifices to be made when you're expected to perform. by putting that video up, he's only making it look bad for apolo, who prior to this i'm sure had a very strong chance at winning dwts. benji should understand that at least from apolo's side, it's all hard work. imagine having to train AND be in a show like that. it takes someone really motivated & committed to be able to do that & considering that benji himself always says how motivated & committed he is, he should've thought about how it'd look on apolo before he put up that video. writing an apology entry in a dorky mood doesn't make it better.

Anonymous said...

i wonder if those myspace fans of benji's ever saw julianne's & apolo's samba. if they did, they wouldn't say such horrible things about them, regardless if she did or didn't steal the mambo moves. she did a great job choreographing the samba. it was the first dance i saw her did & i fell in love with her dancing, just like how i fell for dony's when i first saw her auditioning. she's one talented dancer. if she were on sytycd, she'd definitely go all the way & may even win it.

Anonymous said...

if you watched season 1, you'll realise that some moves in ryan/melissa's mambo & salsa were similar to that of heidi/benji's mambo & salsa. so who's copying who now? i'm just sad that benji perpetuated the assumption that he invented the moves because watching ryan/melissa from season 1 confirms that alex da silva's the brains behind the moves. granted benji put his own flavour into them but still they're alex's fully i think. for shame.

Anonymous said...

Boy am I late! The moves are similar but I thought they belonged to the choreographer?